The Odds Against [AUDIO/2019.4.9]

★★★☆☆


  I wish I could say The Odds Against is a brilliant finale to a boxset, but that wouldn't be being honest. If I was going for an honest evaluation (which is always the case), it's an audio drama that rounds up on "fine". It's completely fine, it doesn't dip into anything I find terrible or anything, but as is the case with the majority of Ravenous 3, it could've been so much better.

  Now, it's unfair to judge a thing for soemthing it isn't. I'm not judging Ravenous 3 for not being what I wanted it to be, but I'm saying that Ravenous 3 (in my eyes, I have to add -- no shame at all in loving the hell out of this boxset, more power to you and all that) is so driven on being fine for some reason, actually driven to merely be tolerable and mildly fun sometimes. None of the installments in this run of stories actively impressed me, and all of them have a host of similar problems with them because they're helmed by a single director. The Eighth Doctor boxsets need more variety in its direction, that's all.

  Anyway, The Odds Against is enjoyable. The best part about it is absolutely the team-up we have between the Nine and the Eleven, two very defined incarnations of the same Time Lord, and John Heffernan and Mark Bonnar absolutely spark together. Pretty predictable resolution, but we're all good because Paul McGann sounds like he's invested again. Yippee!


Comments

Popular Posts